Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Greatest Love Story Ever Told

It is absolutely amazing to me how the God of the universe has adopted all of us into His beautiful family! He could have done everything by himself, but he chose all of us to carry out his promise to the world. I am blown away by the love of our Savior and reminded in the stillness of the night how much He truly loves his children. Before we even saw the world around us the God of the universe knew us and chose us! "My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, what as yet there was none of them" (Psalm 139:15-16). He knew US, God chose US! From the very beginning God knew exactly what He was doing when it came to creating every single person. We all play an intricate part in the body of Christ and what a beautiful picture that is. Tonight is one of those nights where I have been reminded in small ways how amazing of a Father we have and how badly He wants us to be apart of His story! His love for us reaches higher then the mountains and stretches far across the sky. His love is steadfast and true. He isn't going anywhere and reminds us that His love is unconditional even when we mess up, which will happen daily. It is very humbling to know that Christ chose us despite our sinful nature. He gave the ultimate sacrifice so we can have the joy of knowing Him! I know there will be days that we feel like we don't deserve His love, but that couldn't be any less true! "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39). His Son was the ultimate sacrifice and there isn't anything we can do to separate ourselves from the love of Christ! What a blessing! As I continue to pray for what the future holds, I am reminded tonight that there is no greater love then the love of my Father! Through everything, the good and the bad, He is isn't going anywhere! Things will begin to get overwhelming I'm sure, but at the end of the day He is already moving in South Africa! He doesn't need me or anyone else, but He chose US because we are His children. We are apart of the greatest love story ever told and it's a beautiful story! He will always be our Father and we will always be His children! We all play a part in this story and I love that about our God! "Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God" (John 1:12-13). I pray that we are reminded of this truth daily! We don't have to earn this love because He is our Father. We just have to run to him, crawl up in His lap, and accept the invitation to live a life of freedom and joy in His arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment