Monday, June 23, 2014

"I will give you a new heart..."



"And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh."

Ezekiel 36:26


On our way to the hospital this morning, Claudia shared with me a weekly devotional that she subscribes to and it contained this #scripturedoodle.  I'm pretty sure my goosebumps had goosebumps.  You think he knew this day was coming!?  I know this passage is speaking to the life-changing power of the Holy Spirit, but these first seven words, given the day, overwhelmed me with the peace.  Yesterday, our pastor challenged us to meditate on these words that Paul wrote in Philippians, 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Challenge Accepted.  

We prayed before we left home this morning, and while we walked to the car to make our trek to the hospital, this verse popped in my head.  I started preaching to myself the promise that if we make our requests known to God, he would give us peace.  I'd probably recited this verse to myself 15 times when Claudia laughed and showed me this devotional.  I'm telling you, the peace that descended on that Chevy Malibu as we pulled into the parking garage was unlike anything I've experienced in a long time.  

Right now, we're awaiting surgery and although we're nervous, God's given us peace.  I am comforted by all the words of encouragement friends and family have given.  I have had countless emails and texts and I'm overwhelmed by God's goodness.  

God is good.  He is enough. 

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you guys!! Praying for continued peace, praying for complete healing according to God's will. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete