Thursday, June 19, 2014

What Would I Do Without You

She doesn't know I'm writing this.  She's got her nose in a book, curled up on a beach chair.  I really can't write enough words that would adequately portray how much I adore her.  Driving to get a snow cone this afternoon, I could feel my heart swell each time I heard her sing the words "what would I do without you" along with Drew Holcomb.  I was overwhelmed with that thought, what would I do without her?   Luckily I was rockin some of my dad's sunglasses so she couldn't see the worry on my face or tears that had welled up in my eyes.  But as she belted out this stanza over and over again, I thought of her response when we found out she'd need a procedure to repair a hole in the upper chambers of her heart:

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." Isaiah 43:2-3 

The Lord has instilled a peace and perseverance in her that keeps her grounded.  I am blown away by her resilience.  This girl has endured more ailments over the last 2 years than anyone could imagine and  would have left most crying like a baby in a corner.  But when your source of joy is He who is greater, your response is rooted in what He will do through your circumstance to bring Him glory, not the sum of your circumstances.   I said earlier that I couldn't write enough words to adequately describe how much I adore my wife, and these are but a snipit of how I feel.  I love you babe.

Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment